Wednesday, October 17, 2012

How was 321 Art Party at Seymour Gallery?

I was driving down the street and it was silent and calm.  I was getting closer to the gallery and nothing really seemed to be happening. I parked the car and went in. I opened the door and WOW!... What I found was an amazing and lively party!!!. The site was full and the vivrant music gave me a warming welcome.

The walls were showing an eclectic mosaic with a myriad of techniques, mediums and topics, and yet they all looked well together. I bet it was all a challege to curate this exhibition, so congratulations to Sara Savanah.

When I arrived, there were already several "sold" tags on the walls! The exhibition will be there until October 20th so you can have a look and maybe unhang some piece from the wall and support the Gallery. If it happens that you unhang the one create by me, of course I will be double happy, but at least go for a visit and enjoy this unique show.

This is the first time Seymour Art Gallery does this party in this way & format;  and I can tell that everyone was having a good time and we would love to have it again next year. I am sure this event surpased the expectations of many.

I will be looking forward to know more about how much was raised thanks to the artists community, thanks to the buyers, thanks to the donors, staff, volunteers etc.

Below I share a video with a tiny sample of what happened at the party. The music is been performed by Michael Fraser. Enjoy!



© Rita Hernandez

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for supporting our non-profit gallery -- and for a wonderful post and video, Ritha! It was a great party; I'm so glad you came.

    All the best,
    Sarah Cavanaugh
    Curator
    Seymour Art Gallery

    ReplyDelete